This is Bah Humbug! It is a caramel gelato gently flavoured with pure peppermint oil from Summerdown Farm to recreate that familiar flavour of the old-fashioned boiled sweet. It is delicious on its own, but is also really good with a fudgy brownie, like the one here.
500ml tubs of Bah Humbug, along with our other Christmas flavours, is available in all good farmshops in the area, along with our Baboos and other permanent flavours. Or, if you prefer, we can deliver these to you.
I'm sure everyone has their own favourite brownie recipe, but just in case you don't, here is mine again:
- Melt 90g butter, 170g dark chocolate, 25g cocoa powder in a bowl over simmering water, and then allow the mixture to cool.
- Whisk 2 eggs together with 200g caster sugar and 2 tsp vanilla extract until pale and fluffy. Add the cooled chocolate mixture and combine well.
- Mix together 100g sieved plain flour, 1/4 tsp baking powder and 1/4 tsp salt.
- Fold this into the chocolate egg mixture, and make sure that it is thoroughly mixed.
- Pour the batter into a lined 8" square baking tin and put into the preheated over (180ºC) for about 25 mins.
- Make sure you don't over cook it, as you want the centre to be fudgey!
- Wait for it to cool completely to cut into neat squares, or not, if you're not so fussy!!