This is Bah Humbug! It is a caramel gelato gently flavoured with pure peppermint oil from Summerdown Farm to recreate that familiar flavour of the old-fashioned boiled sweet. It is delicious on its own, but is also really good with a fudgy brownie, like the one here.
I'm sure everyone has their own favourite brownie recipe, but just in case you don't, here is mine again:
- Melt 90g butter, 170g dark chocolate, 25g cocoa powder in a bowl over simmering water, and then allow the mixture to cool.
- Whisk 2 eggs together with 200g caster sugar and 2 tsp vanilla extract until pale and fluffy. Add the cooled chocolate mixture and combine well.
- Mix together 100g sieved plain flour, 1/4 tsp baking powder and 1/4 tsp salt.
- Fold this into the chocolate egg mixture, and make sure that it is thoroughly mixed.
- Pour the batter into a lined 8" square baking tin and put into the preheated over (180ºC) for about 25 mins.
- Make sure you don't over cook it, as you want the centre to be fudgey!
- Wait for it to cool completely to cut into neat squares, or not, if you're not so fussy!!
Shop Bah Humbug.